2016 HBA Fishing Tournament
2016 HBA Fishing Tournament
Saturday, October 1, 2016, 6:00AM
2016 HBA Fishing Tournament Rules
1. No lines in the water until 6am on Saturday, October 1, 2016.
2. Tournament ends Saturday, October 1 at 4:00 pm.
3. Fish eligible for weigh in must be of a legal size, Florida Saltwater Fishing regulations and local fishing regulations apply and will be strictly enforced. It is the angler’s responsibility to abide by Florida bag limits. Eligible Grouper species to be determined at Captain’s Meeting according to current FWC regulations at that time.
4. Eligible fish must be weighed in between 12pm and 6pm on Saturday, October 1, 2016.
5. In the case of a jam up at the weigh in station – we will issue you a number at Hernando Beach Marina Dock. Your boat MUST BE confirmed by committee person no later than 4pm. No exceptions. Fish being weighed by boat must be in the no wake zone entering Hernando Beach Marina channel by no later than 3:30pm to be able to maintain a slow speed minimum wake. Vessels must obey the no wake zone. Boats will be considered checked in for weigh in if in the no wake zone no later than 3:30pm. Any vessel entering the no wake zone after 3:30pm is disqualified.
6. Fish must be brought straight from the boat or vehicle to the scales.
7. Tournament will monitor VHF channel to be determined at Captains Meeting on Friday, September 30, 2016 – due to land base limitations to VHF we cannot guarantee our ability to converse with anglers on the water.
8. Scales will be set up at the Hernando Beach Marina under a tent and will have the official tournament banner and weigh in board displayed
9. No one is allowed in the weigh in station except tournament officials and the angler weighing in the eligible fish.
10. All eligible fish are by weight.
11. IGFA (International Game Fish Association) rules apply for all World Record competition.
12. To be eligible for prize money competition, IGFA rules for tackle apply with the following exceptions applicable or HBA tournament entries:
a. Live Bait b. Wire Line c. Downriggers & Planers
13. There shall be no restriction on line test.
14. All fish must be caught during tournament hours.
15. All fish must be caught on hook and line.
16. Anglers must fish from the shore, kayak, dock or the boat(s) they have registered.
17. Weather: Rain or shine, all anglers fish at their own discretion and accept full responsibility for their crew and boat.
18. Cash prizes are based on 180 paid Anglers entries.
19. Awards will be presented at the Hernando Beach Marina at approximately 6pm once final weights have been determined.
20. No Angler shall win more than one place award per species.
12. Angler must choose category for fish prior to weighing in fish.
22. Protests must be in writing and registered with the Tournament Committee no later than 4:30pm on Saturday, October 1, 2016.
23. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed will be considered the winner.
24. All weighed fish will be returned to anglers upon request, at the end of the awards presentation.
25. 2016 Tournament rules are final and subject to change at the discretion of the HBA Fishing Tournament Committee.